The ClusterClass feature introduces a new way to create clusters which reduces boilerplate and enables flexible and powerful customization of clusters. ClusterClass is a powerful abstraction implemented on top of existing interfaces and offers a set of tools and operations to streamline cluster lifecycle management while maintaining the same underlying API.
Feature gate name:
Variable name to enable/disable the feature gate:
- Background information: ClusterClass and Managed Topologies CAEP
- For ClusterClass authors:
- For Cluster operators:
- Creating a Cluster: Quick Start guide Please note that the experience for creating a Cluster using ClusterClass is very similar to the one for creating a standalone Cluster. Infrastructure providers supporting ClusterClass provide Cluster templates leveraging this feature (e.g the Docker infrastructure provider has a development-topology template).
- Operating a managed Cluster
- Planning topology rollouts: clusterctl alpha topology plan